Under the Laptop Prize Distribution Scheme started back in 2011, the laptops are distributed among the students who have scored 60% marks in annual examination system or 70% in semester system.
Every year, laptops are provided to 100,000 brilliant students currently studying in public sector colleges and universities across Punjab or are high achievers of the Boards of Punjab in Matriculation Examinations. The main objective of this scheme is to help students rise above problems and hurdles they face in their endeavors to acquire education, knowledge and professional excellence.
One hundred thousand laptops will be provided to following categories of youth in Punjab:
- All first year/first semester students of 4 Years BS/B.Sc Program enrolled in Medical/Dental Colleges, Engineering Universities, Agriculture Universities, Veterinary and Animal Sciences Universities and Technology Colleges who have secured 60% or above marks in the last annual exam in case of annual examination system or 70% or above marks in the last exam in case of semester system
- All first year/first semester students of 2 Years Master Degree Program who have secured 60% or above marks in the last annual exam in case of annual examination system or 70% or above marks in the last exam in case of semester system
- Last year's remaining eligible evening students will be provided laptops during this phase, only those students will be awarded laptops who are already registered or declared eligible and no new name will be added in the existing lists
- 100 top students of Matriculation Examination from each of the nine Provincial Boards, Technical Boards, and Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education
- 400 top students each of Matric and Intermediate Exams from other provinces, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Gilgit Baltistan
- New MS/M.Phil/PhD scholars of public sector institutions in the province who have secured 60% or above marks (in the last annual exam) in case of annual examination system or 70% or above marks in the last exam in case of semester system and have not received laptops during the last year’s scheme
- Top ten students in each department of the public sector federal universities in Islamabad and their regional campuses in Punjab
- 4,000 laptops will be awarded to the students of “Deeni Madaris” via Auqaf Department after devising merit criteria subject to the approval by Chief Minister
However, the following are not eligible for this initiative:
- MS/M.Phil/PhD scholars who are recipients of Higher Education Commission Scholarships
- Students who are doing any kind of job (public as well as private)
- Students who have earlier received laptops in the last year’s scheme
- Foreign nationals except students from Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Indian Occupied Kashmir